Rhino Ambassador Stewardship Program
- Rates & Dates
- Apply Now
Become a Rhino Ambassador...the threat is real
Who should apply?
Wildlife lovers concerned about the plight of the rhino, who are wanting to expand their knowledge base and contribute in a meaningful way to saving the rhinos of Africa. This project is available for both individuals and groups.
1 -12 weeks
The established Kei Kubusi Conservation area, with its healthy white rhino population, is located in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, just an hour from East London.
KNOWLEDGE: 10 hours modulated theory on rhinos, conservation and ecology
Volunteers stay in shared accommodation in serviced camps and field camps where necessary.
|Base Camp - shared accommodation in a thatched lodge|
- Shared accommodation
- Communal living areas
- Electricity (on a generator)
- Hot & cold running water
- Bath & shower room facilities
- All bedding and linen included
Click here to see images of base camp on flickr.
|Field Camp - permanent tented camp with communal area by the Kei-Kubusi river|
- Shared tented accommodation
- Communal living area
- Hot & cold running water
- (Optional) open air shower
Click here to see images of the field camp on flickr.
|2 weeks||R 10 971 / $ 1 194|
|4 weeks||R 19 314 / $ 2 104|
|Additional weeks||R 4 828 / $ 525 per week|
*$ conversion just a guide, all projects are charged in ZAR. To check todays exchange rate click here.
- Accommodation in shared, serviced camps
- Three meals per day whilst on project
- Transport to and from project daily
- Support of our experienced on-site project co-ordinator
- Welcome Pack with all orientation and project information, meal and drinks vouchers for local Chintsa restaurants and bars, 1 hour free internet access upon arrival, free VA32 t-shirt, "Left My Heart in Africa" keyring/ bookmark and Fair Trade in Tourism South Africa (FTTSA) postcard.
- Shuttle from East London airport upon arrival and departure
- Airfares and flights
- Travel Insurance
|Project Start Dates:|
|Availability Key:||Available Date|
Placement Duration Available
|April 2013||Monday 1st||2 - 12 weeks
|June 2013||Monday 1st||2 - 12 weeks|
|August 2013||Monday 5th||2 - 12 weeks|
|October 2013||Monday 7th||2 - 12 weeks|
Please note that we request arrivals and departures to be on a Monday.
There must be a minimum of 4 participants for each departure date to stand.
Terms and Conditions of application:
- Volunteers must be aged 18+ to take part in the project.
- Due to the nature of the Rhino Ambassadorhip Project volunteers require a moderate level of fitness.
- Volunteers must have a competent level of spoken English
- Volunteers must supply payment in full before placement can be confirmed