Students Teaching Abroad Project
- Rates & Dates
- Apply Now
VA32 Partners with Universities to offer Student Teaching Experiences in the Wild Coast Schools
This is a Fair Trade certified program
Who should apply?
University groups, professors and faculties looking to increase the skills' set and experience of students from education, psychology and social science faculties, through hands-on teaching experience, resource and lesson planning, and teacher development training.
*This program is designed for groups with or without professors/ lecturers. If you are an individual looking for a similar experience read our "Teaching Internship Abroad" page (coming soon).
2 -12 weeks
Student Tasks & Activities
- Teach in rural South African classrooms and a mobile computer lab daily to support the aims and objectives of the Wild Coast Schools Education Projects
|Latest News from the Student Teaching Abroad Project|
Cali, a student teacher from Texas State University, joined the Student Teaching Abroad Project in 2013. Watch her movie below to get an idea of the project and the work our students complete.
- - -
Student groups stay in shared accommodation in a serviced and catered house overlooking Chintsa beach.
- Shared accommodation
- Communal kitchen & living area
- Hot & cold running water
- Bath & shower room facilities
- All bedding and linen included
- Washing machine available for student use
Click here to see images of the student house on flickr.
Price dependent on group size and individual requirements. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Shared accommodation in student house
- Three meals per day whilst on project (prepared and served in student house)
- Transport to and from project daily
- Support of our experienced on-site project co-ordinator
- Welcome Pack with all orientation and project information, meal and drinks vouchers for local Chintsa restaurants and bars, free wifi at the VA32 office, free VA32 t-shirt
- Shuttle from East London airport upon arrival and departure
Does Not include:
- Airfares and flights
- Travel Insurance
|Project Start Dates:|
The Wild Coast Schools Education Projects do not run during the school holidays.
|Availability Key:||Available Date|
Placement Duration Available
|January 2016||Monday 4th|
|Monday 18th||2 - 9 weeks|
|Monday 25th||2 - 8 weeks|
|February 2016||Monday 1st||2 - 7 weeks|
|Monday 8th||2 - 6 weeks|
|Monday 15th||2 - 5 weeks|
|Monday 22nd||2 - 4 weeks|
|Monday 29th||2 - 3 weeks|
|March 2016||Monday 7th||2 weeks|
|April 2016||Monday 4th|
|Monday 11th||2 - 11 weeks|
|Monday 18th||2 - 10 weeks|
|Monday 25th||2 - 9 weeks|
|May 2016||Monday 2nd||2 - 8 weeks|
|Monday 9th||2 - 7 weeks|
|Monday 16th||2 - 6 weeks|
|Monday 23rd||2 - 5 weeks|
|Monday 30th||2 - 4 weeks|
|June 2016||Monday 6th||2 - 3 weeks|
|Monday 13th||2 weeks|
|July 2016||Monday 4th|
|Monday 25th||2 - 10 weeks|
|August 2016||Monday 1st||2 - 9 weeks|
|Monday 8th||2 - 8 weeks|
|Monday 15th||2 - 7 weeks|
|Monday 22nd||2 - 6 weeks|
|Monday 29th||2 - 5 weeks|
|September 2016||Monday 5th||2 - 4 weeks|
|Monday 12th||2 - 3 weeks|
|Monday 19th||2 weeks|
|October 2016||Monday 3rd|
|Monday 10th||2 - 8 weeks|
|Monday 17th||2 - 7 weeks|
|Monday 24th||2 - 6 weeks|
|Monday 31st||2 - 5 weeks|
|November 2016||Monday 7th||2 - 4 weeks|
|Monday 14th||2 - 3 weeks|
|Monday 21st||2 weeks|
|December 2016||Monday 5th|
*Please note that we request arrivals and departures to be on a Monday - alternative arrivals will incur an additional charge for transport.
Terms and Conditions of application:
- Students must be aged 18+ to take part in the project.
- Students must have a competent level of spoken English
- Students must provide a certificate to prove that a Police Check has been undertaken in their country of residence
- Students must supply payment in full before placement can be confirmed