Students Teaching Abroad Project
- Apply Now
VA32 Partners with Universities to offer Student Teaching Experiences in the Wild Coast Schools
Who should apply?
University groups, professors and faculties looking to increase the skills' set and experience of students from education, psychology and social science faculties, through hands-on teaching experience, resource and lesson planning, and teacher development training.
*This program is designed for groups with or without professors/ lecturers. If you are an individual looking for a similar experience read our "Teaching Internship Abroad" page (coming soon).
Student Tasks & Activities
- Teach in rural South African classrooms and a mobile computer lab daily to support the aims and objectives of the Wild Coast Schools Education Projects
|Latest News from the Student Teaching Abroad Project|
Cali, a student teacher from Texas State University, joined the Student Teaching Abroad Project in 2013. Watch her movie below to get an idea of the project and the work our students complete.
- - -
Student groups stay in shared accommodation in a serviced and catered house overlooking Chintsa beach.
- Shared accommodation
- Communal kitchen & living area
- Hot & cold running water
- Bath & shower room facilities
- All bedding and linen included
- Washing machine available for student use
Click here to see images of the student house on flickr.
Terms and Conditions of application:
- Students must be aged 18+ to take part in the project.
- Students must have a competent level of spoken English
- Students must provide a certificate to prove that a Police Check has been undertaken in their country of residence
- Students must supply payment in full before placement can be confirmed